EASy68K  
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CPU32 instruction set
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:01 am 

This is my first post to the forum, therefore let me start by thanking for EASy68K. It is a very valuable, easy-to-use tool for development of applications for 68000 processor. Many thanks for making it publicly available.

However, my interests are in the field of embedded applications, and as far as I may judge, other members of 68K family are much more used in this field. Microcontrollers, such as 68331 and 68332, are based on a CPU32 core, which has an instruction set enlarged for some new instructins and modes in comparison with 68000 processor. I am missing these instructions in EASy68K and would like to know, whether the addition of these instructions would be possible.

If not, for whatever reasons, I am interested in implementing these instructions myself. Since the source codes of assembler and simulator are available, and I can program in C++, I could try that. I would like to know if there is any procedure how to add new instructions, what source files has to be modified etc. Such information would simplified the task a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:15 pm 

I have been looking into using the 68K emulation core from the UAE project. The UAE emulator includes support for 68020 and is well tested. Unfortunately such a switch would require a major rewrite of the EASy68K simulator and I currently do not have that much free time. Adding the additional instructions to the EASy68K assembler would not be that involved.

This is an open source project so anyone wishing to incorporate CPU32 support is more than welcome to contribute :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 am 

First i also have to thank you for this great 68k assembler/simulator! I mostly use it for testing and debugging small routines which will be run on an Atari computer later.

On my wish list there is a support for 68020/68030 and the possibility to switch between the different CPU