EASy68K  
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Default directories
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:22 pm 

This one oughta be easy. I'd prefer that the assembler & emulator either remember the most recently used file path between invocations or just default to the directory the executable's in; or maybe have a user-preference selection or even a command-line option. I don't ever expect to do development work out of "My Documents", which it defaults to now.

Seems to me there's an easy way to make a program use the directory specified by the "start in:" field of its shortcut, but I can't remember the details at the moment.

Post subject: Re: Default directories
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:07 am 

gtippery wrote:
I'd prefer that the assembler & emulator either remember the most recently used file path between invocations...

They do, at least all the times I've used them. I'm using the latest version, installed from the .zip file (not the executable-with-installer version) on both Win98 and WinXP.

Quote:
Seems to me there's an easy way to make a program use the directory specified by the "start in:" field of its shortcut, but I can't remember the details at the moment.

Just put the path, in quotes if there are spaces in the names, in the "start in:" field, e.g.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\EASy68K"

Lee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:32 am 

lee wrote:
gtippery wrote:
I'd prefer that the assembler & emulator either remember the most recently used file path between invocations...

They do, at least all the times I've used them. I'm using the latest version, installed from the .zip file (not the executable-with-installer version) on both Win98 and WinXP.

Quote:

Just put the path, in quotes if there are spaces in the names, in the "start in:" field, e.g.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\EASy68K"

Lee.

Did that. I installed from the .zip -- just extracted to a new folder and manually set up the shortcuts, including the "start in", which is:
Code:
"D:\program files\EASy68K"
Doesn't work for me, but I'm using Win98SE and I seem to recall that XP handles default directories differently than 9x. But yours works with 98 as well? Hmm. I don't recall any user settings that would affect this.

Are you saying your installations default to the "start in" directory, or to the MRU directory? Perhaps I was unclear. Once I've navigated to the desired directory, the programs do remember it until closed. But when restarted, they go back to "My Documents". :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:07 am 

gtippery wrote:
Are you saying your installations default to the "start in" directory, or to the MRU directory? Perhaps I was unclear. Once I've navigated to the desired directory, the programs do remember it until closed. But when restarted, they go back to "My Documents". :(

I went and checked the behaviour on my Win98SE machine and when started they both open in the "start in" directory whatever directory they were in.

One thing could be I don't have a "My Documents" folder under Win98. I got so fed up of programs defaulting there that I nuked it and all reference to it, not that I recommend doing this.

Lee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:05 pm 

lee wrote:
One thing could be I don't have a "My Documents" folder under Win98. I got so fed up of programs defaulting there that I nuked it and all reference to it, not that I recommend doing this.

Lee.

I'm gonna have to think about that a bit... [insert "startled" emoticon here]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:12 am 

Revisiting an old issue:

I'm using Windows 7 now. The "start in" works as it should, for opening source files in the editor. Is there a way to get the editor to use a default directory, or a default root path, for INCLUDE?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:09 pm 

Location: Monroe County Community College, Monroe Michigan, U.S.A.
The included file may specify the path:
Code:
    INCLUDE   "C:\EASy68K\macros\textio.x68"