EASy68K  
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm 

I have a 68010 design that I have been reverse engineering and working with for awhile now (proprietary, software long since gone).

I am wanting to have some graphics routines that draw directly into framebuffer memory. Something that could rasterize graphics primitives such as ellipses, circles, squares, lines, etc... with different fill colors. (the graphics board has custom scanline chip that handles framebuffer switching and 256-color palette switching).

I already know how to send bitmaps to the framebuffer with the correct color table and it works fine. (Since I know the address map, etc.)

I have been googling and its tough to find anything on the subject, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the approach, or links to find example code?

it would just be cool to draw graphics primitives in the framebuffer, Maybe even go as far as rendering truetype fonts into the framebuffer if there is some example or code on how to do that. There is no math coprocessor, so I cant use tan/sin/cosine, etc in C.

Any ideas? Thanks.