EASy68K  
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am 

The title says it all but it is very important that there are op-codes with the instruction set. Of course I could find an instruction set without op-codes, but my assignment is to make sure there are op-codes with the corresponding instruction. I'm sure you all know this but what I mean by op-codes is the hex equivalent to the instruction. Please help, i have scoured the internet and am having NO luck whatsoever. My teacher says she had to look for a while but she did find them. I don't know how though, I've looked everywhere! :cry: Thanks for you help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:37 am 

Most lists aren't complete, because there are so many combinations and a lot of voids in the 68000 set, not least because there is space for 68020, 68881, etc instructions and address modes, and that some addressing modes aren't supported for some instructions despite them otherwise being reasonable opcodes/encodable.

Find a half decent assembler, feed it with a test file, and look at the listing file. There are several 68K assemblers on the interwebs, with source, that have such files. Worst case one could build such a file, or create one with a script.

A quick way to find hex codes actually supported would be to look at the source code to some of the 68K emulators out there, perhaps Cyclone, or one of the other table driven ones. Or a disassembler or two. I wrote a profiler that will annotate 68K listings with instruction timing using a instruction decoding table, and some disassemblers, it's not exactly hard to go through a 68K manual and build the list from scratch.

There are a couple of books that do a good job, but most of them will be out of print, or difficult/expensive to obtain depending on your location/situation.

A quick Google got me to this, in binary, which is arguably better than being in hex given the way the instructions decompose. So a whole bunch of fail in the searching skills test.

http://emudocs.org/CPU%2068k/68000obj.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:26 pm 

Beginning on page 8-5 all of the instructions for 680x0 are listed with the opcode shown in binary.
http://www.easy68k.com/paulrsm/doc/68kprm.pdf