EASy68K  
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:02 pm 

I picked up two Computer Controllers (68000 based) that were used to test Scientific Instruments after they were assembled.

These Controllers are VME Bus based from a Company called OR COMPUTER (Germany). The Controller has boards that are plugged into a back plane (VME), CPU board, Power Supply Board, IO board. The pc boards have the name Industrial Computer on them.

The front panel has the name IOMAN next to the OR COMPUTER name.

I have no documentation with these Controllers, I'm not sure what commands are in the ROM Monitors.

It has two 50 pin connectors on the front panel plus an RS232 connector for the PC. I connected a PC to it using Procomm. The only command I can get to work is when I send it a $ , it responds OK.

Google didn't come up with any info either. It would be a shame to throw them out.

Appreciate any info.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02 pm 

Steve_K wrote:
It has two 50 pin connectors on the front panel

One of these may be a SCSI port, the other is likely a multi I/O (parallel plus serial)

Quote:
It would be a shame to throw them out.

Almost criminal. 8^)=

Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:53 pm 

VME is expensive because of the backplane. Now that you have the backplane and power supply, you can look for an appropriate VME board to go inside. Many VME boards have a part number on the handles. Does yours? Any VME board with an RS-232 port on the front has potential. The MVME-133 series will work. They have a 68020 and memory and debugger software available through the serial port.