EASy68K  
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:17 pm 

It's a bit awkward opening up the GUI, assembling the code (where we have to answer a dialog box) and then a debugger window pops up. I'd like to have the option of typing the following. Please allow for commandline parameters. STDOUT would be used for text output. STDIN for keyboard input.
easy68k myprog.68k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm 

Yes it's so hard, after hitting [ALT][TAB] to activate the EASy68K window, to type [ALT][F] then [o]<filename>[ENTER][F9] to assemble it and then [ENTER][F9] to run it.

Damn these GUI ony programs and their lack of keyboard shortcuts!

Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:06 pm 

I'm glad someone agrees with me. If prof kelly implements this, it'd open the door for me to write useful programs in 68k. We've got PERL, Ruby, tcl/tk, Python, etc. Why not 68K :-)

Prof kelly's already implemented File I/O: very essential. He's even got TCP/IP: double cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 am 

Running a program with Sim68K from the command line is already supported. From EASy68K Help\Simulator Operation\Basic Operation:

=== Running a Program From a Batch File ===

Batch files may be used to start Sim68K, load a 68000 .S68 program and set several simulator options. The following command line arguments are recognized by Sim68K for this purpose:
The first argument must be the name of the 68000 .S68 file to load followed by the optional arguments:
/f Full Screen
/e Enable Exceptions
/r Run
/b Enable Bit Field Instructions
For example, if a file named easyzone.bat is created that contains the following text:
"c:\easy68k\SIM68K" easyzone.s68 /r /f /e
The 68000 program easyzone.s68 would be loaded into Sim68K and run in full screen mode with exceptions enabled. This example assumes SIM68K is located in "C:\easy68K" and also assumes easyzone.s68 is located in the same folder as the batch file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:26 pm 

Thanks. I'd also like my 68k code to access command line parameters. Any plans for this? I'd also like my 68k code to be able to execute other software on my Windows machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 am 

v68k wrote:
Thanks. I'd also like my 68k code to access command line parameters. Any plans for this?

It would be possible. Another alternative would be to read commands from a text file.
v68k wrote:
I'd also like my 68k code to be able to execute other software on my Windows machine.

That would allow EASy68K programs to "get out of the sandbox". I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

Post subject: Batch Mode Wishlist
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 pm 

I am using easy68k as part of a larger environment to generate random stimulus and expected results for verifying a verilog 68k design. I can script everything except assembly of my randomly generated source and simulated trace output of its execution. I'll get by, but only a little is needed to make easy68k a powerful part of an automated hardware verification environment.

edit68k - assemble
--------
I can start it with an input filename and it will use its root as the output filename. but I still need to click on assemble.

sim68k - execution log options, run/stop with autotrace
--------
I can start it with an input filename but I need to set the autotrace options
in the gui.

Actually, now that I have run the simulator a while, the biggest problem
with not being able to use batch mode is the run time to generate large
traces. I am not outputting a lot of data on each trace so I think the time is spent updating the GUI.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 pm 

Sim68K v5.12 has an option to disable part of the screen update during auto-trace. The minimum auto-trace interval has also been lowered.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 am 

Is there a self terminating function for SIM68K, to run next task in a batch file?

Many thanks

Roland!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 am 

No, there is no trap task that exits Sim68K.